Tanjong Pagar

Tanjong Pagar was a historic centre for Singapore's Chinese community. It is now a cosmopolitan area within walking distance of the CDB with a wide range of old and new shops. It is a good place for a lunch time meal with office workers, a post work hangout area for pubs and fine dining and a pleasant place to explore cafes and eclectic shops on a lazy weekend afternoon.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Open Door Policy- Tiong Bahru

Another neighbourhood I frequent a lot is Tiong Bahru simply because my parents live there.
I have been to Open Door Policy twice. I was surprised as it was quite good.


 Some dishes to tease your taste buds
Starters:

I liked the starters the best of the three courses in this place.

Tuna Carpaccio

 The Tuna Carpaccio is refreshing and zesty. Perfect for Singapore weather. I think it came with a Yuzu type dressing if my memory serves me well.

Beef Tartare

The beef tartare was marinated in truffle oil. Very tasty.

 Crispy chicken wings with curry, yogurt and cucumber salad

This is a pretty plate. I think the chicken wings had a sort of tempura like batter to it.

Mains:

While the mains were decent, they were honestly forgettable. Well done but not spectacular.

Beef cheek

The portion for this was a bit small. I don't recommend it unless you are going for a small meal.
Pan seared sea bass with articokes and potatoes

Slow cooked bolognese

Pork Belly with parsnip puree

Dessert:

Dessert was the let down in the three courses.

Lime pannacotta with coconut sago, cashew nuts and mint

I don't know if the flavors and textures work on this one.

  
 Chocolate and pistachio souffle

I think this was the best dessert in this place. It came with a warm creme anglaise if I remember. 

Ice cream with brownies

This is a bit too simple and hence a bit of a let down.

This place is really packed so reservations are necessary just in case.

Location: 19 Yong Siak Street, Tiong Bahru

No comments:

Post a Comment