Tanjong Pagar

Tanjong Pagar was a historic centre for Singapore's Chinese community. It is now a cosmopolitan area within walking distance of the CDB with a wide range of old and new shops. It is a good place for a lunch time meal with office workers, a post work hangout area for pubs and fine dining and a pleasant place to explore cafes and eclectic shops on a lazy weekend afternoon.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Sydney

I haven't been posting my blog in the last few weeks as I have been in Sydney.

It was a great trip catching up with family and friends. Bringing our little bub around Sydney also made us see the place with fresh eyes.

Avalon Pittwater


We spent a week up in the Avalon Pittwater area which I consider to be one of the most beautiful areas within Sydney. Also, the nice thing about this area is that it is quite far out from the city and is probably one of Sydney's best kept secrets! The food around there is great as well. Unfortunately I don't have many great pictures of the food.

One place I did take pictures of the food is a local joint called The BoatHouse Palm Beach.
This is place is very popular with  the locals and also Sydneysiders on weekends. You have to wait about 30 mins for your meal with no reservations. However, with such beautiful scenery, one can relax and wait.

Avocado Toast- $19

This is avocado, bacon and a tomato salsa on rye toast. Delicious and generous. Every thing was seasoned beautifully. My only complaint is that I would have preferred a white bread to rye bread which seemed a bit dry. This was a full meal.


French Toast

My husband ordered this. It was french croissant toast with mascarpone cream, berries and maple syrup. I liked this better than mine. Have not had such good french toast for a while! Even the pictures are making me drool.

I also tasted the yoghurt here. It was extremely rich, creamy and flavourful.

Coffee is Australia is good everywhere. I miss my coffee already.

Other places worth visiting in Northern Beaches Sydney

1) The Cooks Larder at Avalon

I can't even begin to tell you how good this place is. I only wish I didn't chomp down all my meals and remembered to take pictures. But the food was really that good.
The coffee was excellent, meals were extremely fresh and had an innovative twist. Plus, the place have a large range of desserts and cakes they make themselves daily.
Some dishes we had french toast with honeycomb butter, mussels with saffron linguine, prosciutto and figs salad, ginger cake with ice cream … Yum yum yum
Every cafe should be this good. If I was in Singapore I would eat here every week.


This is a bit of an establishment in Sydney North with 3 restaurants. We went to the restaurant in Manly. The food is not highly innovative and doesn't always strike gold. But seafood here is fresh and simply cooked. Sydney is all about seafood. The clean waters make the quality of seafood as good as it gets.

 My husband caught 3 fish out on a jetty in Avalon and I cooked it the next day. It was so fresh and good that almost nothing needed to be done to it. All I did was to grill it. That is how good seafood in Sydney is.


1 comment:

  1. Well kept secret indeed! I didn't know about the place despite staying there for a year.

    ReplyDelete