Tanjong Pagar

Tanjong Pagar was a historic centre for Singapore's Chinese community. It is now a cosmopolitan area within walking distance of the CDB with a wide range of old and new shops. It is a good place for a lunch time meal with office workers, a post work hangout area for pubs and fine dining and a pleasant place to explore cafes and eclectic shops on a lazy weekend afternoon.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Thyme and Parsley

I have no pictures of this meal as it was a sudden decision to try the place.

The food is not fancy but it is delicious, well seasoned and generous.

Which is a big plus for Singapore where there are full of fancy looking places that cannot even season their food properly.

I had a smoked duck salad, sirloin steak with potatoes and berry pannacotta for $38. If that is not value for good well seasoned food, I don't know what is.

The steak was grilled very nicely.

Even my mother who is picky with food (but who is also a very good cook in my view) was satisfied.

The set lunch with the steak is apparently $25. If I worked closer to this place, I would frequent it more often for lunch.

Website: http://www.parsleythyme.com/
Address: 61 Kampung Bahru Rd
Opening Hours: Mon- Fri 12-2, 6-10; Sat 6-10
Contact Number: 62262801
Price: $25 for lunch set and $38 for dinner set.

No comments:

Post a Comment